“JANUARY, The first month of the year, A perfect time to start all over again, Changing energies and deserting old moods, New beginnings, new attitudes”
― Charmaine J Forde
What are your goals for the upcoming year? I love January it’s the chance to start again, let go of the old patterns and way’s of being. I’m not great at New Year’s resolutions, so this year I’ve picked a couple of words to focus on instead.
For work, my mantra is “balance”. As a full-time hypnotherapist, work and clients tends to take over my life, and I need to make sure I balance it with non-hypno activities so I don’t burn out. For my personal life, it’s “SLOW”. I’m not very good at slowing down, so I put this anagram together to remind myself. STOP LISTEN OBSERVE WELCOME. Are you making any resolutions or setting goals?
Everyone has hopes and dreams. Aspirations are something you would like to have happen in your future. Some aspirations might be big and long term and maybe seem impossible while others might be smaller and achievable sooner. As part of any journey it is important to have aspirations to work towards. There are many areas in your life that you might have goals for.
Here are some areas of life that you might have hopes and dreams for:
- Choice and control – This is about having people you love and support, and people who love and support you. This could be friends, family, children, a partner or spouse.
- Daily activities – These are the day-to-day things you do in your life like cooking, shopping and cleaning and going places.
- Relationships – This is about the people in your life and whether you want them in your life.
- Home – This is about the place that you live and if this accommodation and location is working for you.
- Health and wellbeing – This is about how physically and mentally well you are and want to be.
- Lifelong learning – This is about the things you want to learn throughout your life. This learning can occur in many ways in your life, not just in a classroom.
- Work – This could include volunteering or paid employment. (other meaningful activities would go in social and community participation.
- Social and community participation – This is about you taking a part in, and sharing with others, the different things you do in your life that you enjoy and make you feel like you belong.
Write down your Goals.
“Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Saint Francis of Assisi
Have a think about your life hopes, goals, dreams and aspirations. I have put together a My life hopes Worksheet to help you with exploring your hopes, dreams and aspirations. If you want next year to be better than ever, you need to think about making changes—meaning improvements—in your life.
Hypnotherapy and hypnosis are powerful tools for helping create real change in our lives. The kind of change that’s most desirable helps body and mind to do what they naturally are designed to do: renew and revitalise themselves without interference.